Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Raw Pasta

I made this tonight and just HAD to share!

I adapted this recipe from the Top RawMens "Fettuccini Not Alfredo".
And I only made enough for myself and my husband, so the measurements are not exact.

I am horrible with measurements when I am coming up with something - so go with your gut if you make this...

Raw Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Tomato/Garlic Sauce

1 pint grape tomatoes, rinsed
3-5 cloves garlic
2 tblsp water
2 tblsp fresh oregano (or 3/4 tsp dried)
2 tbslp fresh basil (or 3/4 tsp dried)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 thin slice red onion
2 tblsp olive oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup cashews
sea salt

Combine in a blender and blend till smooth. Taste and add salt as needed - but go light - it adds up quickly.

Serve over raw zucchini pasta. (peel zucchini skin off, then keep peeling till you reach the core. Discard the skin and core. The remainder is your noodles. You can also use a spiralizer for this.)

I served it with shredded spinach, grape tomatoes, and a seared portobello!

No comments:

Post a Comment